Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Breakfast Treat

(Hazelnut Butter/Nuttella stuffed French Toast)


So a usual breakfast for me is toast or rice cakes with peanut butter and fruit (usually berries of some kind and a banana). It's typical because it's easy and I can even take it on the go if necessary.

This breakfast I'm about to tell you about is anything but typical, and, I will say, it was pretty freaking tasty, too.

One weekend morning when I had more time for breakfast (it was really brunch by the time I got around to making and eating it), I was wanting something a little different. I realized I had all the makings for french toast, but no maple syrup... which was ok, but not ideal. So instead this is what I came up with.


I started with two pieces of delicious multigrain bread and filled them with chocolate hazelnut butter (I had Justin's because it was a good deal at the market, but, of course, Nutella would be just fine and equally delicious).


Then in a shallow bowl, I cracked an egg, added some cinnamon, a splash of milk, and a dash of almond extract, and whisked it all together.


I tossed the sandwich in the egg mixture.

I heated a pan on medium heat and added a little butter and oil.


And then browned both sides of the sandwich, making sure it was on the stove long enough so the filling would be hot. 


In the meantime, I also concocted a raspberry syrup recipe. I combined about a cup or less of frozen raspberries and a half cup of honey and popped it in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes on 50% power.


And, wow, this was beyond my ordinary breakfast. Just look at that.


No really, look at it.


I don't know if you get what I am saying, look at it!


Well, what was even better than its looks was what it tasted like. I fully enjoyed every bite. And if you make this, I'm pretty certain you will too (unless you don't like french toast, nutella, or raspberries).

2 comments: